Thursday, December 16, 2010

Custom Printed Candles

I originally started printing candles in 2009 when I printed the logo I created for our wedding onto our unity candle set {see photo below}. These images and/or text are heat printed into the wax of the candle ~ not a vellum overlay. I sell them on my business website (www.SerendipityBathElixirs.com).





It blossomed into many unity sets for other couples, baby announcements, and now memorial candles.





My first memorial candle was created this past April when my husband's 105 year-old maternal grandmother passed away. I created a large 4x9 ivory candle with sepia tones for my Mother-in-Law and her sister.



And this sweet one as a gift for my church's (denominational) District Superintendant, whose wife passed away after a long three year battle following a devastating car accident. Somehow I forgot to take a photo of the candle, but still have the artwork I created prior to printing. It was a black and white image on a white 9-inch pillar.



Dr. Berry loved it so much, he shared it with his Griefshare group at our church. One was ordered as a gift (black and white on a white candle) and another ordered by a Griefshare group member. This one was printed in Sepia tones on a marble ivory pillar. The acrostic on the backside encompassed his name and her feelings about him. He gave up his life in order for three passengers of the plane to live. A real hero!







I offered a discount to the Griefshare group. I feel blessed to play a very small role with their healing journey. While many choose not to burn the Memorial Candles, some choose to burn them as they say a prayer of thanksgiving on the anniversary of their loved one's passing or their loved one's birthday. It is whatever works with the healing process, and everyone is different with that.

These are some of the other items I've been busy with, which is part of why I was MIA for a bit. And... my sister, Kathi, and I have a store on Etsy. It is an eclectic mix of vintage and antique items, a lot of which came from our parents' estate (SILVER from the 1940s and 1950s!). The site is: www.GRITSgirlz.etsy.com.I created our shop banner and avatar and GRITS ~ because she and I are Girls Raised In The South!

Joy to you and yours this holiday season,

4 comments:

  1. What a creative idea! I love your Christmas decorating too, especially your mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lisa, and Happy New Year!

    XO,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candles are beautiful. I enjoyed my visit to your blog via incourage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jenny! I'm so glad you popped over for a visit...

    XO,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and I read every single one. Comments are moderated in order to prevent Spam. Thank you for spending time on my blog. XO ~Kimberly